Important Student Information and Terms & Conditions
Please read before booking a course
Payment is required in full at least 14 days before course date as this reserves your course date and allows time to study the manual. Please check dates and times for each course. The following information will help you get the very most out of your day so please read through it carefully.
Times: Registration for 10.30am start – full day courses finish at approx 3/4pm, half day courses are morning, afternoon or evening. Finishing times are approx and depend on course attending and number of students.
Please call me on 07946 200094 if you’re running even a little late. Classes begin promptly at the times shown, so please do allow plenty of time for travel.
Refreshments: Please bring your lunch if required. Bottled water will be provided on all courses.
Diploma: Please confirm what name you’d like on your diploma so it can be ready for you to take home after the course.
Cancellation: Please note that cancelling a course will incur the following fees: £10 admin fee at any time,
A non refundable administration fee of £25 is incorporated in all deposits. The remaining deposit fees are non refundable after 7 days and/or once manuals have been sent. Deposits are non refundable on VTCT courses once enrolled and registered.
- up to 48 hours before the course date - 100% of fee
- up to 7 days before the course date -75% of fee
- up to 14 days before the course date -50% of fee
A request for transfer to a later course will be considered at our discretion. Changing your booking at any time will incur an admin fee of £5. A Doctors note should be provided for ill health reasons.
No refunds will be given once Certification is received, but extra help is available if needed.
Specific course requirements:
- Waxing courses - please ensure that hair is at least 8-10 mm long but no longer.
- All Facial, Make up & Eye Treatment Courses – please come without ANY makeup on.
- Facial Courses - please wear or bring a vest top with thin straps or a top that will pull down easily over your shoulders.
- Nail Courses – no nail polish, tips, extensions, gels etc
What to wear (Health & Safety Requirements):
- Flat indoor shoes – outdoor shoes, slippers, mules, high heels, boots, bare feet and socks are NOT permitted for safety reasons.
- Salon uniform or appropriate clothing.
- Long hair must be tied up.
- No jewellery, as it may need to be removed (wedding bands excepted)
- Minimal make up, as this may need to be removed to receive a treatment
- Nails MUST BE VERY SHORT without polish, tips, extensions or any type of gel or acrylic/fibreglass overlays, etc. (This is a health and safety requirement as you can scratch and infect your model.)
- Do not forget glasses if you need them for close work
- If you wear contact lenses please bring a carrying case and solution in case you need to remove them. Bring glasses too as you may not be able to put them back in straight away.
What to bring:
- Your course manual (copies will be charged at £5).
- Pen and notebook
- Copy of any prerequisite certificates if not already sent.
- Models may need to be provided, please check for your course
Kits may be available for purchase on the day – please check in advance with your tutor for price and availability. (Some courses may include a kit, please check your course information)
Mobile phones are not permitted in the training room and must be switched off for the duration of the course.
Contraindications - please let us know IN ADVANCE if you are under treatment from your GP, or any other practitioner, or taking medication of any kind, as it may affect your ability to give or receive a treatment.
Diplomas and Insurance
Paying for and/or attending a course does not guarantee the awarding of a diploma or certificate. Diplomas are gained by the successful completion of the criteria set out by the course provider and its accrediting bodies, and the awarding of diplomas is at the discretion of the tutor. In the case of a dispute, the decision of the Tutor is final.
It is your responsibility to check if your insurance company will accept Bedfordshire Beauty Academy Diplomas before making your booking. The Beauty Guild will insure all Bedfordshire Beauty Academy students that pass, and you will be provided with information on your course, but no refunds will be given if your insurance company will not accept a Bedfordshire Beauty Academy Diploma.
If for any reason you do not pass all criteria and are not awarded a Diploma, you may re sit at a later date for an admin fee of £25. I must point out that this is a highly unlikely occurrence as we do our best to help each student individually, and ensure each student is fully competent and understands the theory and practical required to pass the assessments.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate in contacting me. Continuing help is available after all courses, so please feel free to contact me if necessary.
Please also let me know that you’ve received these details and your course manual.
Please read all paperwork sent, and study course manual before attending the course.
I look forward to seeing you soon.
Bedfordshire Beauty Academy